Dear parents and guardians,
Our class is beginning a new science unit called "Growth and Changes in Plants".
Growth and Changes in Plants focuses on the characteristics and requirements of plants and the ways in which plants grow. They will learn how plants grow and what they do for people and the environments. Students will also learn about the importance of plants as sources of oxygen, food, and shelter, and the need for humans to protect plants and their habitats.
The Big Ideas related to this unit are the following:
- Plants have distinct characteristics.
- There are similarities and differences among various types of plants.
- Plants are the primary source of food for humans.
- Humans need to protect plants and their habitats.
- Plants are important to the planet.