Thursday,April 23, 2015
Assalamu Alaikum Dear Parents
Here is the news from the French class:
Our daily routine is drilling the vocabulary related to our daily activities (opposites, gender, and numbers). We are talking about activities at school or at home. Al Hamdulillah, students are improving in expressing their basic needs in French and talking in French while working with a partner during French class.
We have started our new story “Le Chat et la Lune”. This is a simplified interpretation of the famous story “The Sky is falling”. We did already 2 reading comprehension activities related to this story and we are working on the third one Les Questions Totales. Through our activities we are reviewing also some grammar concepts like gender, number, subject and verb as well as sentence structure and punctuation.
In mid May, Insha’a Allah we will have the French café. To prepare students for this event we will start also working on the vocabulary related to French Café setting.
· Tuesday, April 28, we are having the 5th French test: spelling, choisis le bon mot, les mots en ordre.
· The spelling list for Tuesday is:
1. le père
2. la mère 7. la cousine
3. le frère 8. l’oncle
4. la soeur 9. la tante
5. le grand-père 10.la famille
6. la grand-mère 11.le cousin
· Choisis le bon mot and Les mots en ordre are related to the new story. We already did these 2 activities and corrected them in class.
Jazakum Allah Kheiran for your cooperation and your support.
Dr Amina Ould-brahim,