Assalamu Alaykom dear parents,
Third graders took their spelling books home. Their homework for Friday in sha'Allah is p 9 .
They will also have a spelling Quiz every Tuesday. Here is the spelling list for next Tuesday in sha'Allah:
We have also started the first Science and Technology Unit, Earth and
Spaces Systems, Soils in the Environment. By the end of this unit, your
- demonstrate an understanding of the similarities and differences between various
soils and the effects of moving water on soils
- investigate the components of various soils, and describe the effects of moving
water on these soils
- recognize the dependence of humans and other living things on soil and
recognize its importance as a source of materials for making useful objects.
To help your child further their understanding in this science unit, here are some fun activities for you and your family.
- when watering the garden, spray the water on different surfaces (asphalt, soil or grass) and see what happens.
- when in the garden take a closer look at the soil
- when pulling weeds take a closer look at the roots
- create a compost heap for the family